Your band just got a last minute gig opportunity at a great venue — but there’s one problem. It’s in four days, and you don’t have any marketing materials. You might rip it up on stage, but how will attendees know your name?
A band backdrop is vital marketing for your musical act. Stage scrims are a simple form of messaging that not only signals who you are to the world, but improves your stage presence.
At NorthCoast Banners, we’ve worked with over 10,000 bands in 20+ years. Not sure you can get a band backdrop in time? Trust us, we’ve seen many different situations — we can get your band a stage scrim fast.
How Long Does It Take to Print a Band Backdrop?
Typically, it takes 5 – 7 business days to print a band backdrop. Sometimes it’s faster, but that’s what we estimate so bands can take their upcoming shows, tour schedules, and other conflicts into consideration.
In fact, we can oftentimes print band scrims and backdrops within just 2 – 3 days. Rush fees may apply, but check with us and we’ll be able to give you an accurate quote within one business day.
If you provide us with print ready artwork, that will help speed things along possible to print a band backdrop very quickly. Here’s what you’ll need for the artwork specs:
We’ll need your artwork in either vector format — such as AI, PDF or EPS — or in raster format, like PNG, JPG, or PSD. If it’s in raster format, we’ll need the art at either print size in 150 dpi, or half size at 300 dpi. You can learn more about the right artwork specs for banner printing here.
How to Print a Band Backdrop FAST
Stage scrims aren’t complicated. If you follow instructions and get NorthCoast the required details, we can oftentimes get your band backdrop shipped in as little as 2 – 3 business days. 5 – 6 business days is the average turnaround time.
Depending on your location, we can produce banners from both our east and west coast facilities, ensuring you get the stage scrim as fast as possible.
Hold ups include the following:
- Blurry or pixelated artwork that’s not ready to print
- Low resolution images or designs
- Incorrect size or material requests
Band Backdrop Design Considerations
The right kind of stage scrim requires more than just slapping a logo on a banner and hanging it behind your guitar player. In order to make a meaningful marketing impact, there are some important considerations.
Here, we offer simple guidance for designing your stage scrim.
Vinyl mesh is the ideal material for band backdrops. It consists of a 70/30 weave that’s tough. The lightweight material withstands heavy use and can easily be transported for tours.
What’s more is that not only is it our most affordable option, but it holds designs and color well.
Bands play all types of venues, and NorthCoast Banners has printed stage scrims for every situation imaginable.
- Small Bars and Clubs: We advise an 8’x8’ or 8’x’10’ band backdrop for a small venue. However, our most popular band backdrop is a set of two 6’x6’ scrims due to their versatility, because they also look great in larger venues and outdoors.
- Medium Sized Clubs and Small Outdoor Events: For a powerful stage presence, consider an 8’x10’ or 12’x15’ stage scrim. The landscape style ensures the design pops behind your band, and doesn’t get lost in the venue.
- Large Indoor or Outdoor Venues Like Music Festivals: Obviously, for large venues, bigger is better. But how big? We recommend 20’x15’, 25’x20’, or larger. But in these situations, it’s a bit case by case. We can print any size, so contact us and we’ll help find the right size for you.
There are two major variables that determine the price of your band backdrop.
- Size of the stage scrim
- Material of the band backdrop
However, the cost of your stage scrim will not be affected by the following:
- Finishings, such as pole pockets and grommets
- Amount of colors
Print Your Band Backdrop Today
Don’t stress about marketing your band — just worry about getting the chords right. To print your band backdrop fast, contact NorthCoast Banners today and we’ll get you what you need.